There are times when it’s necessary to take more invasive measures to improve your smile. Oral surgeries are one of the solutions to many types of dental health problems. While more invasive, these procedures may help to improve your smile, reduce pain, and improve infection risks. If you need oral surgery in Houston, our team at Lovett Dental West U can offer the support you need.
Types of Oral Surgery Commonly Needed
Many people need to have oral surgery at some point in their lives. Oral surgeons have numerous strategies and methods to use to ensure the best results. In some situations, these procedures are the last step after all other lesser invasive procedures are completed to ensure oral health.
Take a look at some of the more commonly needed oral surgeries.
- Impacted Teeth Extraction: In some situations, a tooth coming in may do so at an odd angle, displacing other teeth. To avoid this, a dentist may recommend the removal of the impacted tooth. This may be one of the most common early oral surgeries a person needs.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: By the time a person is in their late teens, there is a need for wisdom teeth removal. This procedure can be done safely as a preventative measure to avoid future discomfort, gum disease, and alignment problems.
- Bone Grafting: For those who need to have a dental implant placed or who have lost a significant amount of bone in the jaw, a grafting procedure may be necessary. This procedure moves bone from another area to implant it where it’s deficient, helping to restore the health of the jaw.
- Dental Implant Insertion: Many people lose a tooth over their lifetime. Filling in that gap (or numerous gaps) is often done using a dental implant procedure. Implants are small devices placed deep into the jawbone. They allow for an artificial tooth to be affixed to the top, creating a natural look and proper function.
How to Ensure the Best Results with Oral Surgeries
As more invasive procedures than most, oral surgeries should be a careful decision by anyone. That means comparing this procedure over others to ensure it is a good fit for your needs. It may also mean finding a surgeon with ample experience in the specific area of surgery required. These professionals have more training to ensure they can provide a safe procedure. If you know surgery is in your future, it’s best to seek out a specialist to help you.
Need an Oral Surgeon in Houston?
Our team at Lovett Dental West U offers comprehensive dental services in our offices. That includes having a board-certified oral surgeon available to meet any of your specific needs. The first step is to come in for an evaluation. Your surgeon will make recommendations, take X-rays, and create a plan for you. We have plenty of sedation dentistry options available if necessary.
Even if you’re unsure if surgery is necessary, learning about the procedures and the risks can help you make the right decision for your future. Schedule an appointment with one of our specialists to learn more:
- General dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Periodontics specialists and providers
- Sedation dentistry specialists
Improve Your Dental Health at Lovett Dental West U
Oral surgeries are a necessary investment to improve dental health. If you’re struggling with pain and discomfort, don’t put off getting the care you need. Instead, visit Lovett Dental West U to meet with an oral surgeon. Our team is ready to help you. Set up an appointment when you call 832-617-5530 or connect with our team online today.